Friday, July 26, 2013

Morocco 10

In three days I leave morocco and go home to the states. Class is coming to an end, we have several exams and speeches to give in the next few days before we depart. In our group we've discussed the goods and bads of leaving and what we feel currently. Most of us are glad to be leaving marrakech but are sad to be leaving the people and friends we've made on our journey. I am fine with leaving morocco, but it will be hard to be apart from everyone. I've fallen in love with my host family, Moroccan friends and american friends, the thought of possibly never seeing them again is a difficult thought but at the same time, I'm ready to see my American family again. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again, getting a kale avocado salad, skating, eating goldfish, having all of my cloths back, and getting to wear shorts and tank tops again! I've started thinking about everything I want to share of my experience with people back home and am really looking forward to it. Also, giving gifts to people is going to be amazing! With this trip, I feel as though I have accomplished quite a bit. I have learned more that I ever thought possible and have enjoyed just about every second of it. Class in morocco is fun, interesting, and challenging and I can't imagine going home to American school. Having 4 hours of Arabic class everyday can be tiresome, but I can't imagine having spent this summer in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment