Saturday, July 20, 2013

Morocco 9

Just got back from the best place on earth (essaouira) and am now back in marrakech. The last night of being in essaouira a group on Moroccans came into our dining area in the hotel and played music for us and danced. The music is meant to put Muslims in a religious trance, but is also great for Americans wanting to dance around and have fun. One of the dancers was amazing, he would do a squat than jump up and do a split 5 feet in the air and then come down into another squat, the whole time keeping beat with an instrument in his hands. The dancing is mostly quick feet and squats, it looked like lots of fun to learn. Tomorrow is a day off from school, the second total day off I might add. It's starting to hit me that in a week I'll be away from all of my new friends and back in the states with my old, whom I've honestly started to forget about. The Americans I've met here have become my true brothers and sisters, it's crazy that it took going across an ocean to Africa to find true friends from back home in the states. Several of us on the east coast have already started discussing ways to get back together as often as possible, inshaala it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment